How to Create/Join a Room
So you’ve made your character and have your gear. Now let’s get to work! The room system in CrossFire allows you to select whichever battles/missions you wish to take place in.
Alternatively you can just double click on the name to join
Joining a Room
Once you have entered a channel you may see a list before you.
Red writing means the room is currently playing but still has space for you. A grey room has no space.
Alternatively you can just double click on the name to join.
Creating a Room
If you don’t see any maps/modes that you like you can always try making your own! To do so, click the [New Room] button while you are in the channel lobby. This will open up all the options for creating a room.
Once you have selected the options you want for your room, click the green OK button and you will be brought into your room. Inside you can use the panel on the left side of the screen to further modify the match options and even select the map you wish to play on.
- Room NameThis is the name your room will display so that players can more easily identify it.
- ModeThis is the sub-gametype that you will play.
- Winning RuleThis is the objective setting. Typically you can select time or kills.
- ObjectiveThis is the amount of points/time that will end the game.
- # PlayersThis is the maximum number of players that can join the game.
- ObserverThis lets you enable/disable observers and set how many can join the room.
- PasswordSetting a password will only allow people who know it to join the room.